Idan Ofer is an Israeli billionaire businessman, with interests in shipping, drilling and mining. He is the founder of Tanker Pacific and the principal of the Quantum Pacific Group, a holding company.
- Idan Ofer is one of two sons of shipping magnate Sammy Ofer, who died in 2011 and was once Israel’s richest man.
- Ofer’s Eastern Pacific Shipping operates a fleet of over 100 bulk, container and crude oil ships.
- He also has a controlling 51.5% stake in Israel Corp., a publicly-traded chemicals, energy and shipping conglomerate.
- Israel Corp. spun off its power, transportation & shipping units into a listed firm called Kenon Holdings in 2015; Ofer is a controlling shareholder.
- Ofer’s Pacific Drilling, a deepwater drilling company, re-listed its shares on the NYSE in Dec. 2018 after filing for bankruptcy a year earlier.