Torstein Hagen is a Norwegian billionaire businessman, and the founder and chairman of Viking Cruises.
- Torstein Hagen started Viking Cruises in 1997, at age 54, with four riverboats in Russia.
- He had previously served as CEO of upmarket cruise line Royal Viking. He was forced to step down in 1984 after a failed bid to buy the company.
- Viking caters to wealthy, American retirees and has over 70 river cruise ships, which primarily traverse Europe’s major waterways.
- Hagen began to offer ocean cruises in 2015 and now has six, 930-passenger ships.
- Since 2016, Hagen has sold 23% of Viking Cruises to TPG Capital and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, for a total of $672 million.