Miguel Juan Sebastián Piñera Echenique is the sitting President of Chile since 2018, having previously served from 2010 to 2014. The son of a Christian democratic politician and diplomat, he studied business engineering at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile and economics at the Harvard University.
- Sebastian Pinera was elected president of Chile in December 2017. His four-year term began in March 2018.
- Pinera previously served as Chile’s president from 2010 until 2014.
- He made a fortune from credit card company Bancard, which he founded in 1976.
- He divested many assets over the years. After the 2010 election he unloaded his 26% stake in Chilean airline LAN for $1.5 billion.
- He also sold TV channel Chilevision to Time Warner for a reported $150 million, and sold his share of popular soccer team Blanco & Negro.