Romesh T. Wadhwani
Romesh T. Wadhwani is an Indian-American billionaire businessman, the founder, chairman and CEO of Symphony Technology Group, a private equity firm for software, Internet and technology services companies.
- Romesh Wadhwani is the chairman and CEO of Symphony Technology Group, which brings in $2.5 billion in annual revenues.
- He combined 9 of his companies that were AI-focused into a new group called SymphonyAI in 2017.
- After graduating from the Indian Institute of Technology, he went to Carnegie Mellon and received a Ph.D. in 1972 in electrical engineering.
- The serial entrepreneur later founded Aspect Development, which i2 Technologies acquired for $9.3 billion in stock in 1999.
- He sits on the boards of the Kennedy Center and the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- He and his brother, Sunil, founded the Wadhwani Institute of Artificial Intelligence at the University of Mumbai in 2018, committing over $30 million.