Philip Frederick Anschutz is an American billionaire businessman who owns or controls many companies in a variety of businesses, including energy, railroads, real estate, sports, newspapers, movies, theaters, arenas and music.
- Over five decades, Philip Anschutz has built fortunes in oil, railroads, telecom, real estate and entertainment.
- He owns the NHL’s Kings and a third of the Lakers, plus the arena in which they play, the Staples Center.
- His Anschutz Entertainment Group operates more than 100 arenas and concert venues worldwide.
- On 300,000 acres he owns in Wyoming, Anschutz aims to build one of the world’s biggest wind farms.
- He started testing his business acumen early: six-year-old Anschutz sold Kool-Aid on a nearby college campus using a wheeled stand he built.