Pedro Moreira Salles
Pedro Moreira Salles is a Brazilian banker, and the chairman of Itaú Unibanco, founded by his father Walter Moreira Salles, and the largest non-government banking institution in Brazil.
- Pedro Moreira Salles is a member of one of Brazil’s oldest banking families.
- His late father, Walther Moreira Salles, was the founder of Unibanco and a former ambassador to the United States.
- In 2008 Unibanco merged with Itau, one of Brazil’s largest commercial banks, creating Itau-Unibanco, the largest private sector bank in Latin America.
- Moreira Salles and his three brothers, all billionaires, also own stakes in CBMM, the world’s leading supplier of the mineral niobium.
- Moreira Salles is co-president of Cambuhy, a private equity firm he founded in 2011 with three other financiers.