Oprah Gail Winfrey is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer, and philanthropist.
- Oprah Winfrey has transitioned her hit talk show, which ran for 25 years, into a media and business empire.
- Winfrey parlayed her role as a news anchor into a 25-year talk show gig. Reinvested, the profits from her show add up to an estimated $2 billion.
- In 2011, Winfrey launched cable channel OWN. Her 25.5% of the network is worth about $75 million.
- The ‘Oprah effect’ has spread to Weight Watchers: she bought a 10% stake in 2015 (since lowered to 8%) and acts as a brand ambassador.
- In June 2018, she signed a deal with Apple‘s streaming service to create original content that will include a book club, documentaries and TV series.