Nassef Onsi Sawiris is an Egyptian billionaire businessman, the youngest of Onsi Sawiris’ three sons. As of April 2019, his net worth was estimated to be $7.5 billion, and the fourth richest African in 2019, according to Forbes.
- Nassef Sawiris is a scion of Egypt’s wealthiest family. His brother Naguib is also a billionaire.
- Sawiris split Orascom Construction Industries into two entities in 2015: OCI and Orascom Construction.
- He runs OCI, one of the world’s largest nitrogen fertilizer producers, with plants in Texas and Iowa; it trades on the Euronext Amsterdam exchange.
- Orascom Construction, an engineering and building firm, trades on the Cairo exchange and Nasdaq Dubai.
- His holdings include stakes in cement giant Lafarge Holcim and Adidas; he sits on the supervisory board of Adidas.