- Mikhail Gutseriev is a founder and the main shareholder of Safmar Group, a conglomerate with interests in oil, coal, real estate and retail.
- Between 2015 and 2017, he spent $2 billion acquiring banks, pension funds, oil fields, factories, warehouses, real estate and retail companies.
- In 2017 Binbank, which was headed by his nephew, former billionaire Mikail Shishkhanov, was nationalized by Russian Central Bank.
- He has eight Russian radio stations, including the popular Radio Shanson.
- His son Said is a shareholder of Safmar. His father gave him his financial business, a 34% in his oil business and 25% in appliance store chain.