Martha Robinson Rivers Ingram is an American billionaire businesswoman and philanthropist. In 1995, Ingram succeeded her late husband as chairman and chief executive officer of Ingram Industries, one of America’s largest privately-held companies.
- Martha Ingram and her family own distribution and marine firm Ingram Industries.
- Ingram took over the business after her husband Bronson Ingram died in 1995.
- She spun off the computer distribution business into publicly-traded Ingram Micro in 1996; it was acquired by Chinese company HNA in December 2016.
- Martha stepped down as chairman in 2008. Her sons Orrin and John took over as CEO and chairman, respectively.
- Ingram Marine operates 5,000 barges and 150 towboats on America’s inland waterways.