Issad Rebrab, is an Algerian billionaire businessman, CEO of the Cevital industrial group, the largest private company in Algeria, active in steel, food, agribusiness and electronics. According to Bloomberg, Rebrab is the ninth richest person in Africa, with an estimated net worth of US$3.9 billion, as of 2019.
- Issad Rebrab is the founder and CEO of Cevital, Algeria’s biggest privately-held company.
- Cevital owns one of the largest sugar refineries in the world, with the capacity to produce 2 million tons a year.
- Cevital owns European companies, including French home appliances maker Groupe Brandt, an Italian steel mill and a German water purification company.
- Rebrab has plans to build a steel mill in Brazil to produce train tracks and improve transportation logistics for sugar, corn and soy flour exports.
- His five children work at Cevital.