Frank L. VanderSloot is an American entrepreneur, radio network owner, rancher, and political campaign financier. He is the founder and chief executive officer of Melaleuca, Inc. His other business interests include the Riverbend Ranch and Riverbend Communications.
- Frank VanderSloot founded and runs Melaleuca, which makes more than 400 products ranging from health supplements to eco-friendly household cleaners.
- Melaleuca sells them direct from the factory to more than one million consumers every month through its online store.
- Born into a poor farming family, he ran the farm while his father worked a railroad job, then lived in a laundromat to pay his way through school.
- He is a major landowner — with an estimated 117,500 acres across Idaho, Utah and Montana — and he runs a leading purebred angus cattle operation.
- He is also an active political donor, giving millions to Republicans. He was a national finance co-chair for Mitt Romney’s two presidential bids.