Christian W.E. Haub is an American businessman. He is the CEO of the Tengelmann Group, the Chairman and President of Emil Capital Partners and a former board member and CEO of Montvale, New Jersey’s Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company from December 3, 1991 until February 22, 2002.
- Christian Haub runs his family’s Tengelmann Group, which began with a shop opened in Muelheim an der Ruhr in 1867.
- Its retail operations are comprised of OBI DIY (home improvement); clothing and non-food discounter KiK; and dollar-store chain TEDi.
- The group also invests in startups and is active in services (energy, plus audits and consulting), property management and real estate development.
- Older brother Karl-Erivan had taken over as CEO after father Erivan Haub died in early 2018. Then Karl-Erivan went missing while on a ski tour.
- Christian was living the U.S., overseeing Tengelmann’s U.S. venture portfolio, before returning to Germany after the presumed death of Karl-Erivan.