Alexander Anatolyevich Ponomarenko is a Cypriot-Russian billionaire businessman who made his fortune in banking, sea ports, commercial real estate and airport construction. Forbes estimates his net worth at $3.5 billion.
- Alexander Ponomarenko is chairman of the board of Sheremetyevo, the biggest airport in Russia.
- Ponomarenko and partner Alexander Skorobogatko started out with sea ports and banking and then moved into airport construction.
- In 2013 the two, with Arkady Rotenberg, a judo partner of President Vladimir Putin, won a tender to develop Sheremetyevo, the state-owned airport.
- The partners and Rotenberg also founded TPS Real Estate, which owns more than half of the real estate in Ocean Plaza, Kiev’s biggest shopping center.
- The two Alexanders first set up a small perfume factory in the Ukraine and then founded a bank in Moscow.