- Renate Reimann-Hass and three of her siblings share ownership in the Luxembourg-based investment firm JAB Holding Company s.à.r.l (JAB).
- The brands associated with the fortune include Calvin Klein fragrances, Peet’s Coffee, Krispy Kreme donuts and Panera Bread.
- Renate is a granddaughter of chemist Ludwig Reimann, who, in 1828, joined with Johann Adam Benckiser and his namesake chemical company.
- JAB still holds 7.9% of multinational hygiene and home products giant Reckitt Benckiser.
- Although it still has a controlling stake in Bally, JAB has been shifting its holdings away from luxury fashion brands in favor of coffee and food.