Margaretta Taylor is an American billionaire heiress. She was born Margaretta Johnson, the daughter of Anne Cox Chambers, and the granddaughter of the newspaper publisher James M. Cox. As of December 2018, her net worth is $5.9 billion.
- Margaretta Taylor inherited an estimated 17% stake in media and automotive conglomerate Cox Enterprises from her mother, Anne Cox Chambers.
- Her grandfather, James M. Cox, founded what has become Cox Enterprises in 1898.
- Her siblings, James Chambers and Katherine Rayner, also inherited an estimated 17% stake each in Cox Enterprises.
- Margaretta’s son Alex Taylor is president and CEO of Cox Enterprises, a $21 billion (revenues) media and automotive company.
- Her cousin, Jim Kennedy, is chairman of Cox Enterprises.