Ma Huateng, also known as Pony Ma, is a Chinese business magnate, investor, politician, and philanthropist.
- Ma Huateng (also known as Pony Ma) chairs Chinese Internet giant Tencent Holdings, which ranks among the nation’s largest businesses by market cap.
- Tencent‘s popular social messaging app WeChat has more than 1 billion users.
- The group listed its music-streaming subsidiary, Tencent Music, on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2018.
- In contrast to his outgoing rival at Alibaba, Ma has a low-profile style that befits his engineering background.
- Ma cofounded Tencent in 1998.