He Xiangjian is the co-founder of Midea, one of China’s largest appliance makers. With a net worth of $9.3 billion in January 2015, he was the ninth richest person in China, and 136th richest in the world, according to Forbes.
- Entrepreneur He Xiangjian built Midea Group into one of the world’s largest appliance makers.
- He stepped down from its operations in 2012.
- In 1968 he led a group of 23 local residents from the town of Beijiao in Guangdong Province to form a lid production workshop that became Midea.
- Midea has more than 200 subsidiaries, including Germany-based robotics firm Kuka.
- His son He Jianfeng is a director of Midea Group and Midea Real Estate Holding.