Developers! Developers!! Developers!!!
Software Developer for Open-Source Chromium Browser
Silicon Spectra is one of the leading providers of enterprise software solutions, comprehensive IT solutions, including Systems Integration, Consulting, Information Systems outsourcing, IT-enabled services, telecommunication, R&D, etc. We specialize in placement of UI Developers, ReactJS, AngularJS, Quality Assurance Analyst, Data Analyst, Software Developers, UX Engineers, etc. in fields of healthcare, banking, and financial services, high-tech IT business, retail and e-commerce, insurance, entertainment, telecom and cable, pharmacy and life science, oil and gas, travel and transportation, and local and state government for both permanent and contract C2C staffing arrangements.
Our Engineering team is taking on an open-source Chromium project to build the world’s first ad-free artistically subtle studio-quality browser called Silicon Studio. We are participating in Open Source and making contributions back to Chromium along with Microsoft’s Edge on Chromium and Google Chrome. We’re deeply engaged in the Chromium project and continue to work closely with other browser vendors, web standards bodies and the open-source community at large.
We have a lot of ideas for what the future of the Internet can be, and we’d love yours as well. Silicon.Studio, an open-source chromium-browser project by Silicon Spectra is hiring software engineers to help build the next version of the most productive & secure experience of the web. We seek to delight consumers, enterprises, and developers.
We are looking for a creative and passionate developer to join our team. As part of the Chromium team, you can work on making the web better by increasing consumer & commercial user satisfaction with their daily browsing tasks, making the browser more secure for users and corporations, and developing the tools and web platform for modern application developers. Together we will:
- Build an open-source Chromium browser with a built-in ad-blocker.
- Develop new features in Silicon Studio with a focus on the needs of our customers
- Partner with designers, program managers, and data analytics to deliver a product that delights users
- Foster a collaborative relationship with partner teams and the open-source community
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with C, C++, and Java
- Multi-threaded application developmentExperience with Chromium Browser project (at least to some extent)
- Experience with Ad-blockers is a huge plus
- MUST be enthusiastic about building an open-source
- Chromium Browser (re-branding, ad-blocking)
- Experience with Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Silicon Studio, Mozilla Firefox, etc. HUGE plus.
- This is an UNPAID Internship opportunity in the beginning
- Students, OPT, STEM candidates can apply. Future salary is negotiable based on initial performance.
- Access to exclusive training & mentorship by Senior Google and Apple engineers
- This position can be partly REMOTE
- Visa sponsorship is available for VERY qualified employees
If you are interested and confident, feel free to call or text Deepti at (408) 609-4814 immediately.