- The oligarch’s largest holding today is his stake in iron ore and steel giant Metalloinvest.
- An early Facebook investor, he currently owns stakes in Xiaomi and other telecom, mining and media companies.
- Usmanov sold his 30% stake in Arsenal Football Club for nearly $700 million in cash in 2018.
- Usmanov made his first fortune producing plastic bags, a commodity so scarce in the former Soviet Union that people washed and reused them.
- He headed Gazprom Investholding, a subsidiary of state-run conglomerate Gazprom, from 2000 to 2014.